8. You proposed to me in the ocean and I laughed. You weren’t the first and you won’t be the last. Sneaking out of your house at six in the morning in six in heels was worth it not to spend another minute.
Neither 9. nor 10. deserve to be written about. Locked doors and locked minds.
11. Is there a flavour below vanilla?
12. Everything’s sweeter when it’s forbidden, isn’t it? No-one outright warned me against you but by god I wish they had - I’d have saved a late-night trip to the doctor’s, several abusive phone calls and falling sobbing to the bathroom floor. I think I saw you on the train the other day, I never hide from anyone but by god, I’ll hide from you.
13. Unlucky we got caught.
14. When I see your smug face around the place, I want to whisper, “Darling, I didn’t even feel it” in your ear, but why give you the satisfaction you couldn’t even try for?
15. The saddest boy I’ll ever meet.
I’m sorry for thirteen and fourteen before you; it should have been you, it could have been you, if I had it my way it would have been you.
I’m sorry for how I reacted on the roof.
I’m sorry I read you the poem I wrote you.
I’m sorry you look at me with hatred now. Maybe next time you won’t fall in love with a Manic Pixie Dream Girl trope.
16. I don’t remember anything.
17. Waking up next to you the morning of my birthday, I actually smiled. Thankyou for that rare pleasure.
18. Time bomb. The sweetest. Do you remember the murder scene we left on those hotel sheets?"